- Most business owners are not in business just to make a living. There is something else that drives them; some other passion. Frequently it revolves around creation of personal wealth for enjoyment later in life. We will help you discover and pursue your business passion.
- As a start-up business, one of your first decisions is the choice of entity. We can help you make the best choice for your business. Or, if you’ve been in business for a while, see if a change of entity is warranted.
- Goals and Strategic Vision are what drive your business in the direction you want it to go. Regular review of your goals and accomplishments helps keep your business going in the direction you want it to go. A quarterly review allows you to reset or redefine your goals for the upcoming 1 to 5 years. We can help you think beyond what happened last year, to create the results you want for the future.
- Creating and documenting the systems and processes of your business add value to everything you do. The consistency of operations makes employees more productive and increases their job satisfaction, while simultaneously increasing your bottom line profit.
- Taxes are always a consideration in business planning. But they may not be the most important consideration. Your exit plan will determine if you want to create wealth inside the business (and pay more taxes now) or outside the business using various other entities and strategies. We can discuss the pros and cons of each approach.
- Employee benefits are an excellent way to reward your valuable employees and to keep them as part of your team. We offer group benefits for life insurance, health insurance, short and long term disability, and long term care.
Payroll & Bookkeeping
- Payroll taxes can get a new employer in trouble faster than anything else. Spend some quality time understanding your obligations and the various types of payroll services available. We can help you choose among alternatives or we can teach you what you need to know to “do-it yourself” with general guidance and oversight from our staff.
- We provide in house and onsite bookkeeping services to help businesses keep their financial records in good order. Our software of choice is QuickBooks® using either the online version or a desktop version. The level of service varies with your needs, but can range from simply recording transactions from your checkbook … to running payroll, paying bills, and reconciling bank accounts. Or we can just “tune things up” for you on occasion.
- In conjunction with providing bookkeeping services for your business, we can run payroll in-house, providing direct deposit of your employees pay.
We can also take care of preparing your quarterly and year end payroll tax forms, including any Forms 1099 that you may need to provide to others.
- Good tax planning helps prevent the government from “picking your pocket” by paying more tax than you are required to pay. Effective tax planning begins with proper choice of entity which determines how and how much tax the business will pay.
- Year-end tax planning will get you to your goals faster as we help you take advantage of provisions in the tax code that will help your bottom line, and your long-term goal of wealth creation.
- We prepare most types of personal and business tax returns, including sole proprietorships, limited liability companies, partnerships, corporations, and tax exempt entities. But more than just preparing the return, we will explain it to you. After preparing your tax return, we frequently ask, “How would you like this to be different next year?” This question lays the groundwork for a good planning discussion as we work together to make your dream a business reality.